baked sweet potato & kale quinoa
2 medium sweet potatoes, 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, 2 cups of filtered water, 1 bay leaf, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 3 cups of chopped kale with the ribs removed, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 tsp of paprika, Salt and pepper to taste
“I do all of my cooking and recipe creating on our semi truck while we travel around this beautiful country delivering freight.”
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce each potato several times with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes until tender.
- While sweet potato is in the oven, boil 2 cups of water and a bay leaf. Add dry quinoa and stir. Cover and simmer on low for about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a separate large pan, heat the chopped kale, oil, and garlic on low heat for about 10 minutes until tender. Add spices to taste.
- Once potatoes are cooked, set aside to cool, then chop into small cubes. Toss the sweet potatoes and quinoa into the kale mixture and serve warm.
Contributed by: Brittany Kroeker