Have you ever thought about making your own soap? Now that a lot of it is sold out, why not try! Manufactured soaps also have sulfates that strip your skin of it’s natural oils. That’s no good!
Here’s a recipe you can use to make your own essential oil soap!
2 lbs goat’s milk melt and pour soap base (Get it on amazon or at Michaels)
3 TBSP dried lavender
2 TBSP honey
15 drops lavender essential oil
1 lemon, zested
Bowl for melting soap base
Silicone soap mold
1. Break up your soap into smaller pieces (to allow it melt faster) and place into a large bowl. Melt the soap according to the packages directions. Just be sure to melt in small increments so that it doesn’t melt over or burn.
2. Add essential oils and mix thoroughly.
3. Add dried lavender, honey and lemon zest. Mix well.
4. Be sure the soap is mixed thoroughly and pour into mold.
5. Let cool completely and then pop out of mold!
Before the soap cools, sprinkle additional dried lavender and/or lemon zest on top of your soap for a little extra beautification.